David is a fully registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and a member of the Member of the AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION OF PSYCHOLOGISTS Inc. (AAPI).
Registered Psychologist; Medicare P/N 4974402J; AHPRA Reg: PSY0001812402
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a framework used by David to assist his clients in achieving their potential and meeting therapeutic goals. He has also been trained in the use of EMDR and Mindfulness techniques.
David is living his mission in providing his unique set of abilities to the world. Apart from practicing as a psychologist, David also teaches at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), as well as being involved with cutting edge psychological research at the University of Queensland (UQ). In addition to his psychology skillset, Dave can also draw on over twenty years of experience in the business world.
David’s willingness to understand human behavior is deeply forged. As a result of this curious nature he is: open minded, non-judgmental, authentic, integrous, humourous, compassionate, communicative, patient, and is committed to helping with behavioural change. David uses a range of techniques and skills to assist his clients in achieving their potential and therapeutic goals. He has a strong and innate ability to connect with clients from all walks of life and different backgrounds.
David focuses on areas such as relationships, couples counselling, stress, anxiety, performance, business strategy, mindfulness, communication, weight management, exercise, motivation, health, chronic pain, self-esteem, and anger management.
David also has experience working in sport and performance psychology. He has worked with elite athletes in many different settings – professional golfers, AFL, tennis, and soccer. His sport and performance expertise include: mindfulness techniques, performance routines, stress management approaches, improved self-esteem, and ways to maximise personal growth.
- The Effects of Self-Talk Cues on the Putting Performance of Golfers Susceptible to Detrimental Putting Performances Under High Pressure Settings – Available Here
Published in: International Journal of Golf Science, 2016, 5, 116 -134
- The Relationship Between Perfectionism, Anxiety, and Putting Performance: An Investigation of the Yips in Golf – Available Here
Published in: International Journal of Golf Science, Volume: 6 / Issue: 2 / Pages: 69-84
- Registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Masters of Psychology
- Bachelor of Business Degree (Accounting)
- Gottman Relationship Counselling
- Landmark Forum Graduate
- Research published in Scientific Journals
- Ultimate Relationship Graduate
Psychological Interventions include:
- Couples counselling
- Relationship counselling (individuals and families)
- Dating/relationship expertise
- Performance Psychology (sport, workplace, study, and social settings)
- Weight management/health issues
- Anxiety/stress management
- Business coaching/strategy
- Communication skills
- Chronic pain management
- Motivational skills
- Self-worth / Self-esteem
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Positive psychology
- Motivational interviewing
If you would like to make an appointment with David, please call us on (07) 3831 4452