David is a fully registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and a member of the Member of the AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION OF PSYCHOLOGISTS Inc. (AAPI).
Registered Psychologist; Medicare P/N 4974402J; AHPRA Reg: PSY0001812402
David is living his mission in providing his unique set of abilities to the world. Apart from practicing as a psychologist, David has taught at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), as well as being involved with cutting edge psychological research at the University of Queensland (UQ). In addition to his psychology skillset, Dave can also draw on over twenty years of experience in the business world (as a former forensic accountant and financial consultant).
David’s willingness to understand human behaviour is deeply forged. As a result of this curious nature, he is open minded, non-judgmental, authentic, integrous, humorous, compassionate, communicative, patient, and is committed to helping with behavioural change in addition to personal growth. David uses a range of techniques and skills to assist his clients in achieving their optimal potential as well as therapeutic goals. He has a strong and innate ability to connect with clients from all walks of life and different backgrounds.
David focuses on areas such as relationships, couples counselling, stress, anxiety, performance, business strategy, mindfulness, communication, weight management, exercise, motivation, health, chronic pain, self-esteem, and anger management.
David also has experience working in sport and performance psychology. He has worked with elite athletes in many different settings – professional golfers, AFL, tennis, elite running, and soccer. His sport and performance expertise includes mindfulness techniques, performance routines, stress management approaches, improved self-esteem, and ways to maximise personal growth.
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) is a therapeutic tool that offers relief using a unique arrangement of hypnosis, regression, and NLP to get to the root cause of almost any issue and quite literally helps people feel free! Free to live a fulfilling and deeply satisfying life. This method of hypnotherapy utilises the power of the mind to help clients restore their physical bodies to full health and has been successful in helping clients heal & free themselves from cancer, autoimmune diseases, broken bones, allergies, skin ailments, and infertility. It is also effective in the rapid treatment of depression, weight reduction, anxiety and a plethora of other neurological, mental, and emotional issues.
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a framework used by David to assist his clients in achieving their potential in addition to meeting therapeutic goals. David has also been extensively trained in the use of EMDR for the intervention and treatment of trauma. Mindfulness techniques are another area of expertise that David adopts.
- The Effects of Self-Talk Cues on the Putting Performance of Golfers Susceptible to Detrimental Putting Performances Under High Pressure Settings – Available Here
Published in: International Journal of Golf Science, 2016, 5, 116 -134
- The Relationship Between Perfectionism, Anxiety, and Putting Performance: An Investigation of the Yips in Golf – Available Here
Published in: International Journal of Golf Science, Volume: 6 / Issue: 2 / Pages: 69-84
- Registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Member of the Australian Association of Psychologists (AAPi)
- Masters of Psychology (Sport & Exercise)
- Bachelor of Business Degree (Accounting)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Graduate
- Gottman Relationship Counselling
- Landmark Forum Graduate
- Research published in Two Scientific Journals
- Ultimate Relationship Graduate
Psychological Interventions include:
- Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT)
- Couples counselling
- Relationship counselling (individuals and families)
- Dating/relationship expertise/Pre-marital counselling
- Performance Psychology (sport, workplace, study, and social settings)
- Weight management/health issues
- Anxiety/stress management
- Business coaching/strategy
- Communication skills
- Chronic pain management
- Motivational skills
- Self-worth / Self-esteem
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Positive psychology
- Motivational interviewing
If you would like to make an appointment with David, please call us on (07) 3831 4452