In our fast-paced, interconnected world, seeking support and guidance for life’s challenges has never been more accessible. We offer confidential and professional online counselling services designed to meet you where you are, both geographically and emotionally. Our experienced and compassionate counsellors are dedicated to providing a safe virtual space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings, and concerns, either on Zoom or over the phone. The professional counsellors and psychologists strive to empower individuals to navigate life’s complexities with resilience and strength. Your journey to a healthier, happier you begins here.
About Online Counselling Sessions
Online counselling provides a modern and accessible avenue for mental health support. Online counselling, also known as e-counselling, online therapy or teletherapy, allows individuals to engage with qualified therapists through virtual platforms. Whether you’re in Brisbane or beyond, experienced counsellors and psychologists are just a click away at Brisbane Counselling Centre. Through secure video calls or phone sessions, we bring the expertise of traditional counselling to the digital realm to provide you with the psychological support you need.
What Can We Cover in a Session?
Our online counselling sessions cover a wide range of topics, addressing various mental health conditions, and other personal development and life challenges. Here are some common topics that can be explored during an online therapy session at BCC:
- Anxiety and Stress Management: Discussing sources of anxiety, stress triggers, and developing coping strategies to manage overwhelming feelings.
- Depression and Mood Disorders: Exploring the root causes of depression, identifying negative thought patterns, and developing strategies to combat periods of low mood.
- Relationship Issues: Addressing challenges in personal or professional relationships, improving communication skills, fostering healthier connections, and dealing with a relationship breakdown.
- Grief and Loss: Coping with the loss of a loved one, processing grief, combatting depression, and finding ways to navigate through the stages of mourning.
- Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence: Building a positive self-image, exploring self-worth, and offering advice on how to enhance self-confidence.
- Life Transitions: Managing changes such as career shifts, relocation, retirement, or major life events, and offering advice on how to adapt to new circumstances.
- Trauma and PTSD: Addressing past traumatic experiences, understanding their impact, and working towards healing and recovery.
- Addiction and Substance Abuse: Exploring patterns of addiction, discussing triggers, and developing strategies for recovery and relapse prevention.
- Anger Management: Understanding and managing anger, identifying triggers, and developing healthy ways to express and cope with anger.
- Parenting and Family Issues: Helping parents navigate daily challenges, improving dynamics amongst family members, and addressing parenting-related stressors.
- Workplace Stress and Burnout: Managing stress in the professional environment, setting boundaries, and finding a balance between work and personal life.
- Identity and Self-Exploration: Exploring aspects of personal identity, such as gender, sexuality, and cultural identity, and understanding how these impact mental health.
- Eating Disorders and Body Image: Addressing concerns and depression related to body image, disordered eating patterns, and developing a healthy relationship with food.
- Coping with Chronic Illness: Discussing the emotional impact of chronic illnesses, managing symptoms, and maintaining a positive mindset.
- Goal Setting and Personal Growth: Setting realistic goals, identifying personal strengths, and working towards self-improvement and personal growth.
- Suicidal Thoughts and more Complex Mental Health issues: Offering combat mechanisms and psychological support on highly sensitive mental health issues.
What About Private Health or Medicare Rebates for Online Therapy Sessions?
To claim Medicare rebates for services provided by Registered Psychologists, you must have a Mental Health Treatment Plan (and referral) from a GP or psychiatrist.
Alternatively, almost all private health funds offer rebates for mental health services. Double check with your provider to ensure these sessions are covered. We can email you a receipt for online or in-shop claiming upon payment for the service (usually done by credit card over the phone prior to your scheduled appointment).
Benefits of Online Counselling
There are several benefits of choosing to do counselling over the phone or via a video call, in contrast to attending a traditional appointment. Online therapy provides:
- Convenience and Accessibility: Online counselling brings therapy to your fingertips. No matter where you are, you can access our services without the need for travel, making mental health support more convenient and accessible than ever before.
- Flexible Scheduling: Life is hectic, and finding time for self-care can be challenging. Online counselling provides the flexibility to schedule sessions that fit into your busy life, ensuring that you can prioritise your mental well-being without disrupting your routine.
- Comfort and Familiarity: Engage in therapy from the comfort of your own home or any space where you feel at ease. The familiar environment can enhance the therapeutic experience, fostering a sense of security and openness during sessions.
- Wide Range of Therapists: Brisbane Counselling Centre offers a diverse team of qualified therapists with various areas of special interest. This allows you to choose a practitioner who aligns with your unique needs and preferences, ensuring personalised and effective support.
- Elimination of Geographic Constraints: Whether you reside in a bustling city or a remote area, online therapy eliminates geographic barriers. Our services are accessible to individuals across different locations, ensuring that quality mental health care is available wherever you are.
- Reduced Stigma and Increased Privacy: Some individuals may hesitate to seek traditional in-person counselling due to stigma. Online therapy provides a discreet platform, allowing you to receive support in a private and confidential setting, free from judgement or external scrutiny.
Consistent Support, Anywhere: Life doesn’t adhere to a strict schedule, and neither do we. Online counselling provides the flexibility to receive consistent support, whether you’re at home, at work, or on the go. Our goal is to make mental health care a seamless part of your day-to-day.