Sharon is a fully registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and an associate member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Registered Psychologist; Medicare P/N 5192797Y; AHPRA Reg: PSY0000953519
Sharon has 18 years experience as a Registered Psychologist and is passionate about helping her clients to improve their lives. Her warm and open style provides clients with a safe environment to understand their experiences and to better know their ‘self’.
She began her journey as a psychologist working for a men’s support organization, before working for Centrelink and subsequently the Queensland Police Service. Before coming to Brisbane Counselling Centre, Sharon worked within the mining resources sector providing EAP counselling to workers and their family members, as well as providing specialist support to managers and supervisors.
Sharon has developed a high level of experience across a range of clinical, vocational and rehabilitative counselling areas. As a psychologist, she has worked with her clients to resolve issues of anxiety, depression, self-esteem, assertiveness, relationship issues, work stress, sleep problems and addictions.
Before becoming a psychologist, Sharon proudly served in the Royal Australian Air Force for 10 years, before taking up odd jobs as a bartender, clerk and research assistant while she studied fulltime. She has a busy home filled with family of all ages and one terrific dog. Sharon enjoys walking each day, playing board games, reading, gardening, and going to the beach. Sharon uses a range of treatment models, ensuring that the client’s personal needs are appropriately met and that the therapeutic relationship is collaborative.
Areas of counselling offered by Sharon include:
- PTSD, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression
- Anger Management / Emotional Regulation
- Interpersonal Relationships and couples counselling
- Workplace stress and bullying
- Critical Incident responding
- Assertive Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Stress Management and Resilience
Psychological Interventions include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR Therapy)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Therapies
- Neuroscience Principles
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Person-centred Therapy, Positive (strengths-based) Psychology
Sharon works with adults 18+ and is available Monday to Friday during the day from 8am to 4pm. She is also available via Zoom and telephone consultations.
If you would like to make an appointment with Sharon, please call us on (07) 3831 4452