Jon is a fully registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists (CoSEP).
Jon operates within Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance Commitment Therapy frameworks to assist his clients in achieving their potentials and therapeutic objectives. He has also been trained in the use of EMDR and Mindfulness techniques.
Jon has several interest areas including stress, anxiety, depression and anger management while having experience with workplace conflict, relationship issues and grief counselling.
Areas of counselling offered by Jon include:
- relationships – individuals, couples and families
- anxiety / stress management
- weight management / health issues
- grief counselling
- adolescents / young adult issues – career counselling
- motivation, presentation and communication skills
- performance psychology (including workplace, study, social settings and sport)
Jon also has extensive experience working in sport and performance psychology. He provides consultation services to a variety of athletes as well as currently providing services to the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), the Australian Football League (AFL), Cycling Australia, Swimming Australia, and has had experience working with the Commonwealth Bank Centre of Excellence Cricket program. His specialisations are in the area of performance routines and athletic development.
Psychological Interventions include:
- cognitive behaviour therapy
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- positive psychology
- motivational interviewing
If you would like to make an appointment with Jon, please call us on (07) 3831 4452