Online counselling, sometimes known as ecounselling is a relatively new but developing approach to providing Psychological Counselling services to those seeking support but who may be struggling to attend a conventional appointment. One on one sessions and follow ups can be conducted by a fully qualified Psychologist through phone calls, Skype and/or emails. This type of service can offer individuals the same level of support and confidentiality that face to face consultations do whilst offering an alternative option for people who find it challenging to attend a traditional appointment.
Who does Online Counselling Suit?
Online services mean that you can receive high quality support from the comfort of your own home, or wherever it is convenient for you. As long as you have a phone or computer you can try online counselling. This may be particularly beneficial for people who are:
- housebound due to medical, psychological or personal reasons;
- working shift or daytime hours so can’t attend many regular Psychology appointment times;
- parents who are busy looking after children at home;
- living in remote areas and can’t access regular quality Psychology services where they live;
- living overseas and want to access a Psychologist from their home country;
- suffering from anxiety issues that make it difficult for them to leave the house or attend appointments in person;
- worried about anonymity and would prefer not to venture outside their home to obtain support;
- just want the convenience of being able to have sessions in their own environment.
Brisbane Counselling Centre offers online counselling and has a dedicated, experienced Psychologist (Michelle McRae) who specifically focuses on working with clients by phone or computer (Skype and email). If any of these options are of interest to you then please feel free to call one of our friendly team (Suellen, Barbara, Sabrina, Jeanette or Peter on 07 3831 4452) and they will be happy to provide you with more information.