Marina is a fully registered psychologist. She has been practising in Queensland since 1978 and has been in private practice since 1991.
Prior to going into private practice she was employed as a psychologist by the Queensland Health Department in Alcohol and Drug Services, where she developed, implemented and managed a youth program for substance dependent young people. During this time she wrote two articles which were published in the international “Journal of Adolescence.”
She has worked with the Commonwealth Rehabilitation Services doing adjustment counselling and vocational assessments. She has been working as a consultant psychologist since 1993 with the Brisbane Private Hospital’s Damascus Unit, which specialises in treating persons with alcohol and prescription drug dependencies. She continues to work at Damascus developing and facilitating group programs as well as providing individual counselling.
This compliments her private practice which incorporates therapy in the following areas:
- substance dependency issues
- managing emotions, including anxiety, depression, & anger
- stress-related issues including lifestyle balancing
- personal issues including self-confidence, self-esteem, and assertiveness
- relationship counselling
Psychological interventions include:
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- acceptance & commitment therapy using mindfulness
- systematic de-sensitisation
- transactional analysis
- solution-focused problem-solving
If you would like to make an appointment with Marina, please call us on (07) 3831 4452